I’m a writer and speaker who consults with businesses and coaches leaders. I’m also the founder and Creative Director of Black Lake Studio. I work often as a collaborative writer, either in a straight “ghost” capacity or as an editor shaping existing material. My gifts and experience allow me to:
- Grasp critical truths intuitively and quickly.
- Synthesize complex subjects and data into practical information for end-users.
- Craft compelling narratives to advance and defend any brand.
- Integrate diverse subjects to present a holistic perspective.
- Communicate verbally and visually with clarity and sophistication.
I’ve written, co-authored, or edited dozens of books and articles, including fiction and non-fiction on subjects as diverse as business management, history, contemporary events, and religion.
I attended the University of Colorado in Boulder, Calvin College, and UCLA. In my career I have worked in the nonprofit sector, marketing for technology and architecture firms, and in publishing.
My family and I live in Holland, Michigan.
I’m currently writing a series of books about entrepreneurship. The first one is already available, and here are previews of the next two books in the series.
Black Lake Studio & Press is the strategic communications and brand development firm I founded in Holland, MI. We work nationwide with entrepreneurial companies, thought leaders, and nonprofit organizations.